How long does Beard and Moustache Transplantation last?
Beard and Moustache Transplanting permanently fixes facial hair loss. Hairs from the donor location (typically the scalp) are transplanted (male pattern baldness). Hence, transplanted hairs should grow and act like normal face hair.
The transplanted hairs are permanent, however androgenetic alopecia may decrease or lose the patient’s natural hair. Patients may require more treatments to retain the desired look. Based on the patient’s wants and objectives, a Turkish hair transplant surgeon may estimate the results’ lifespan.
What should be done after Beard and Moustache Transplantation treatment?
To get the finest results from Beard and Moustache Transplantation, patients must follow post-op recommendations. Examples:
- Clean and dry: Patients should avoid getting the transplanted region wet for at least 72 hours following the operation. Avoid rubbing or scratching the area to avoid infection.
- Following instructions: The surgeon may give painkillers or antibiotics to avoid infection. Use these drugs as prescribed.
- Avoiding vigorous activity: Patients should avoid severe exercise or activities that may sweat or rub the transplanted region for at least a week following the surgery.
- Avoiding specific products: Patients should avoid hair spray and gel for at least a week following the treatment.
- Following up with the surgeon: Patients must return to the clinic for follow-up sessions to assess healing and confirm that transplanted hairs are growing appropriately.
- Each patient’s experience depends on their requirements and aspirations. Turkey’s hair transplant surgeons may provide patients customized post-op treatment.
How many treatment sessions are needed for Beard and Moustache Transplantation?
Depending on the patient’s demands and transplanting extent, Beard and Moustache Transplantation may need many treatments. For people with mild to severe beard or moustache hair loss or thinning, one treatment usually works.
Patients with substantial hair loss or scars may need numerous procedures to attain the required density and natural look. Your surgeon will examine your hair loss pattern and offer the best treatment depending on your requirements to decide the number of sessions.
The method and quantity of hair transplanted might also affect therapy duration. A single treatment might take many hours and require several days of recuperation.